Frequently Asked Questions
It is best to clean your eyeglass frames and lenses with soapy warm water. If you clean just the lenses, the dirt and facial oils from the frame will eventually find their way to the lenses. You can also take your prescription glasses to a local optical store, which has a machine for cleaning eyeglass frames. However, if your frame has any inlaid gems, you should not have them cleaned by machine, only by hand.
The first set of numbers and letters on the temple arm (the part that goes behind your ear) indicate brand name and model number of the frame. In addition, there will be 3 or 4 other numbers listed. These other numbers are the dimensions of the frame. These numbers are in millimeters and tell you the lens width, bridge width, and temple length. The lens height is also listed on many of our frames.
The simple rule is to select a pair of frames that serves as a contrast to your face shape and the size of the frame is scaled to fit your face. For a square face, choose oval or round frames. For a round or oval face shape, select frames that are rectangular. If you have a heart shaped face, select frames with a narrow, round, bottom-heavy frame.
Round Face: Wide-rectangular frames and angular shapes.
Oval Face: Square, rectangular, upswept, or cat eye, larger frames that balance the face.
Heart Face: Oval or square with rounded edges.
Square Face: Slimmer frames, wider than the widest part of the face, oval or round.
Selecting full rim eyeglasses or semi rimless glasses will depend on your prescription and preferred style. For a stronger prescription, it is better to choose full rim eyeglasses. For lighter prescriptions, semi-rimless glasses are also a good option. Your selection should also based on your level of activity. Full rim eyeglasses tend to be better at resisting impact, while semi-rimless eyeglasses are more delicate.
Yes, most of our frames come in multiple color options. You can view the colors options while browsing our frames.
Don’t worry if your frames need to be adjusted. You can adjust your eyewear by yourself by following these easy to understand instructions.
- My glasses are sitting too low on my nose:
- For Wireframe glasses: Use your thumbs to push your nose pads closer together until they fit snugly against the sides of your nose.
- For Plastic/Acetate glasses: Run warm water for 30 seconds over the part of your frame you want to bend in order to soften it. Next, bend inward at the bridge, the hinges or the bend of your temple arms to make the frame fit more snugly to your face.
- My glasses are pinching my nose:
- For Wireframe glasses: Use your thumbs to spread the nose pads out until they fit comfortably.
- For Plastic/Acetate glasses: Run warm tap water over your glasses until they are pliable (this should take about 30 seconds) and then bend the nose piece outward slowly until it fits comfortably on the bridge of your nose.
If your frames don’t fit properly, you can exchange them within the first 30 days and we will send you a new pair. If you selected frames that are too small or too big for your face, we will happily help you select a frame that will fit better. Please call us at 877-953-0505. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com to retrieve your personal RA number. One of our Agent’s would be more than happy to assist you in exchanging your eyewear and restyling into a different frame.
We are sorry but we do not offer frame replacements.You can replace your favorite order by going to your “My Account” Dashboard and clicking the “Reorder” link next to the order you wish to replace.