Frequently Asked Questions
If you love your FrameGenie frames and want to order more, simply log into your account, look up the previous order and if the frames are available, you can click the Reorder link, and those frames will be added to your cart. Be sure to confirm that your prescription has not changed.
The most precise way to obtain your PD is from your eye doctor. If your PD is not included with your prescription, we strongly recommend that you call your doctor and request your PD.
If your eye doctor cannot provide your PD and you can’t have it measured professionally, it is possible to measure it yourself or with the help of a friend.
What you will need:
- Millimeter Ruler
- Mirror or Friend
- Make sure to measure your PD multiple times to ensure that it is accurate and consistent.
- For adults the PD ranges from 54mm - 74mm
- For children their PD ranges from 43mm - 53mm
Steps to Measuring your PD on your Own:
1. Stand 8 inches away from the mirror. (Facing the mirror)
2. While facing the mirror, with your face straight, hold the ruler against your brow.
3. Start by closing your right eye, and align the the ruler's zero to the center of your left pupil.
4. While keeping your face straight, close your left eye and open your right eye.
5. Read the mm line that lines up with the center of your right pupil. That number is your Pupillary Distance.
Measuring your PD with a friend:
If your bestie or favorite family member is helping you measure your PD, simply stand in front of them with both eyes open, and have them put the zero on the millimeter ruler over the center of one pupil and have then measure the distance to the center of the other pupil.
- Things to Remember when Having Your Friend Measure your PD:
- Have them sit or crouch down while they measure your PD, so that they are out of your field of vision, and you are looking straight ahead.
- Try to keep your eyes as still as possible.
- When looking straight ahead, focus on an object that is 10 - 20 ft away above their head.
- Try your hardest not to look at the person measuring your PD!
Once you’ve measured your PD and have your prescription in hand - Ordering your FrameGenie frames will be a breeze!
To order from FrameGenie, you will need your up-to-date prescription, pupillary distance (PD), and your credit card or PayPal account information. Select your frames, add your prescription, choose your lenses, complete your order, and check out. You can pay online by credit card or PayPal after you have confirmed your order.
We process orders very quickly but we’ll do our best to help you change your order. If you need to change your order for some reason, please call us at 877-953-0505 to speak with a Customer Service Agent immediately.
Please call us at 877-953-0505 as soon as possible as most orders are processed within a few hours. We will do our very best to help.
Please give us a call at 877-953-0505. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com to retrieve your personal RA #. One of our Agent’s would be more than happy to assist you in exchanging your eyewear and restyling into a different frame.